Monday 14 February 2011

AS Media Studies Production Brief

AS Media Studies Production Brief
Project name

Mishapen Identity
Group members and production roles
Rhys Chidwick-Director, editor and cameraman.
Rough outline




My outline would start off with a gangster bringing over a glass and vodka glass to the sitting room. He then drinks it, after he drinks it he starts dealing cards and the person talks to the audience, then talks to another gangster, this then goes to a cutaway of the person punching the bag and a flashback of a safe clothing with money in it.
Similar texts researched



The similar texts that I have researched are other films such a Raging Bull and the Departed. I chose these movies because they are ones that are challenging the norms of the gangster and sports genre and because these were directed by Scorsese who imprints his messages and representations, which I will be able to do. I also looked in other crime and sports genres such as Rocky, American Gangster, The Godfather, Ali, Gangs of New York and Goodfellas.
Target audience



The target audience will be C1 to E in demographics and be aimed at people of the age of 16-25 years of age which will be aimed mostly at both genders but primarily males.
What generic codes and conventions will operate in your text?


The generic codes and conventions I will be aiming to use in my text is a typical narrative, typical characters and typical music so I will be able to create a response from the audience which I will be aiming to create and control. The characters will also challenge the character types and won’t be dressed in suits but casual clothing to create an impression of the character. I will also be aiming to use a punch bag and picture to create excitement.
What representations will be offered in your text?



The representations that will be offered in my text would be the character type of the gangster and the actors challenging that character type and I will be aiming to challenge the boxer who I want to be seen as a protagonist but not a straightforward character but an anti villain and a person who is a victim of his own undoing. I will also try to convey many representations of the boxer, which will be done through camerawork, lighting, mise en scene and sound. I will aim to portray many themes, and take some characteristics of Italian neorealism in to my project.
How will you test if the production is successful?



I will show to audiences to get a response from the audience and I will be using questionnaires about the genre and the improvements I could make to the film.
What resources will you require?



The  resources I will require is props such as a punch bag, vodka glass, glass, cards and a picture of Rocky Marciano etc.
Identify any threats to the successful completion of the project… and how you would overcome these.



My computer breaking down or freezing. i would overcome this by putting all my research etc on to a USB.

Here is a video of me telling audiences, what story is about and answering various questions about my film:

No comments:

Post a Comment