Friday 18 February 2011

Production Journal

In this personal journal I will be making a personal account of my experiences or an account of my filmming and in the stage of post production.

10th March, 4:00-5:40:
In my production journal, I first thought about the types of clothes that would be worn, the colours that were chosen was blue, black and white trainers. I chose these colours because I would know they would connote certain representations on the character. The first camera shots that were shot were scenes that involved the character boxing, skipping and using the gym, these shots were used because I wanted to show how the characters life evolves around the sport of boxing and I wanted to represent the character as masculine, but someone who is in conflict with himself and judges himself. The panning shots were used to emphasise how the character wants to be considered one of the greats in boxing, it also symbolises tension and friction between his subconscious, consciousness and reality vs fiction. At the moment I would say the thing I enjoyed the most was not the accuracy of lighting or mise-en-scene but the camera shots and movements I used to connote different representations about the character, the style, theme and tone of the movie. At first I thought about shooting the film in black in white, because he would show tension in the community but would also relate to Scorsese's Raging Bull as someone who is misunderstood within the community but I chose colour because I thought it would not be liked by my target audience because not many people in my target audience would appreciate black and white films, noir films or classical films from the 1920-1950s. The things that i didn't like doing while filming were that I found it difficult, that when using different syle of lightings to communicate different representations of the character but after using it it got more easier.

15th March,5:30-8:45
On the shooting of the scene i found it was very hard to do some movements such as the tracking and over the shoulder shot because of the room was too small to do it. I also found it hard getting the right amount of lighting to use in every scene to continue with continuity. When I began to experiment with different types of lighting etc i got a better sense of how to represent my character and the mise-en-scene as a reflection on the character. I also enjoyed showing different representations of the character such as someone who is ruthless and non reflective etc.The cards that were used in this scene were the King, Queen and Ace, I used these as metaphors to relect the character and other aspects of life, the moment where its shown where we use the King and Ace is a reference to Italian Neorealism as it signifies that the character hasn't got better but his got worser.The cards, money and vodka and glass shows him as someone who's traits that made are the onhe's that bring him down in the end.

20th and 21th March:
On these days I did editing using the editing program, movie maker on my sony laptop. Previoulsy the movie was at 4 mins and i have cut it down to 2:59 and will edit the film  some more so it can be finished at 2 mins, I have used a variety of effects and transitions but I still have to edit the other part. I have put the title sequence and end credits on my film and slowed and fasten up some of the sequences to portray and represent different things etc. On the 22nd March it should be ready to show and export to CD, blog and youtube, I at first knew that I was going to use Gimmie Shelter by the Rolling Stones but because that would be copyright I changed the song to Moving Mountains. Although I chose this song it reflected the sports genre but i didn't find it as reflective as Gimmie Shelter as it didn't have the same emphases from the song. At the moment I have editing fun but at some time frustrating, but i think when it comes to the final product it be more challenging then other mainstream films and create more tension through the narrative, character etc.

29th March
Today I have searched through a variety of music and after not finding the music I found my music and now all I got to do is re edit it, put a quote at the end of my film and speed up the film and then put the music on then I should be finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment